Monday, June 6, 2011

The Beast

Long story short.

I have a DCN (Double Critter Nation) and have been wanting to add to it for some time. I am a member on a forum called Florida Rat Community. There was a member on there who no longer had her rats and was selling her DCN for the price of an add-on. So why buy an add-on when you can have anther DCN right?

So last weekend we arranged to pick up the DCN so I could add to my existing one. I did some cleaning on it and it sat in the dining/living room for a few days in many many pieces. I now have a TCN (Triple Critter Nation). I am absolutely in love.

I had my kids split up into two groups of five. Now they are split into a seven and three. The dynamics and relationship of the two groups are blending rather nicely. I am quite pleased with myself at the moment.


Top
Hammocks made by Chelsey's Cozies

Middle
 
Hammocks in the Middle and Bottom made by Stacy's House of Hammocks


Bottom

The Beast

Along with the DCN that I purchased used I also received a full bass pan, one without the cut out. (Bass Pans) I am ordering two more of these. One with the cut out and one without. They are galvanized, so I have contacted a local company that does powder coating and they gave me an estimate for all three pans of $50. That is so worth the time and effort it would take me to spray them with rustoleum paint.

FYI: If you are ever going to purchase bass pans and you are going to coat them yourself. You MUST let the paint cure for at least 2 weeks.

Now one day I do want to either:
1) Make a Quad CN - this is 2 DCN's hooked together side by side (or)
2) Make a side by side TCN

This endeavor won't be accomplished until I have a much larger place to live. And a whole heck of a lot more storage. I swear I need a rat only closet.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! These are truly amazing!!!! I am going to use some of your ideas, and give my babies an extreme home makeover!!! Very lovely! You are really a good rat mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Please do, I love sharing ideas it is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete